Rare hoyas are hard to find, but they add appeal to your home and a statement of wonder for the visitors. The plant produces thick waxy leaves, which gives it the name “Wax plant.”
Hoyas are tough and can live long lives, producing beautiful flower clusters and generating positive vibes. Don’t worry keep reading here you will learn about the 14 rare hoyas that will make an excellent addition to your collection.
- List of Different Varieties Of Rare Hoyas
- – Hoya Callistophylla Or Stiff Leaved Hoya
- – Hoya Carnosa Or Porcelain Flower
- – Hoya Macrophylla Or Large Leaved Hoya
- – Hoya Incrassata Or Waxvine
- – Hoya Carnosa Compacta Or Hindu Rope Plant
- – Hoya Caudata Or Hoya Caudata Sumatra
- – Hoya Kerrii Or Sweetheart Hoya
- – Hoya Praetorii Or Wax Flower
- – Hoya Merrillii Or Variegated Wax Plant
- – Hoya Serpens Or Shooting Star Wax Flower
- – Hoya Krohniana Or Heart-leaf Lacunosa
- – Hoya Heuschkeliana Or Hoya Heuschkeliana Variegated
- – Hoya Retusa Or Grass Leafed Hoya
- – Hoya Megalaster Or Wax Vine Variegated
List of Different Varieties Of Rare Hoyas
A hoya plant is unique, making it the first choice for plant enthusiasts to add to their collection. These are usually trailing or climbing plants that produce flower clusters known as umbels. Some rare hoyas are Hoya incrassata, Hoya kerrii, Hoya wayetii, Hoya curtisii, Hoya compacta, and more. Cheek out the 14 rare hoyas we have put together:
– Hoya Callistophylla Or Stiff Leaved Hoya
The plant has large, block-patterned leaves with a notable appearance. Besides, like hoya meliflua, these flowers also produce a sweet scent and nectar that attracts insects and pollinators. The flowers also have red and yellow highlights, with a reddish-colored stalk.
To make them healthy, you should ensure high humidity and light watering patterns. The plants prefer moderate temperatures and well-drained aerated soil. Although they grow slowly, providing them with bright indirect sunlight will help them flourish and produce stunning blooms.